Dean : Prof. Ir. Sri Widyastuti, M.App.Sc., Ph.D.
Vice Dean 1 : Ir. Zainuri, PGDip., M.App.Sc., Ph.D.
Vice Dean 2 : Baiq Rien Handayani, SP., M.Si., Ph.D.
Vice Dean 3 : Ir. Ahmad Alamsyah, M.P.
University of Mataram (UNRAM) is the only one public university in the province of West Nusa Tenggara, established in 1962. Faculty of Food Science and Agro-industrial Technology is part of UNRAM, historically originated from Agriculture Technology Studies Program (PS TP) UNRAM which was established in 1984 (Director General of Higher Education, “Dikti”, Ministry of Education and Culture of the Republic of Indonesia Decree Number 49 / Dikti / Kep / 1984), then became Agricultural Product Technology Studies Program (PS THP) in 1996 based on the decision of the Director General of Higher Education Ministry of Education and Culture Republic of Indonesia Number: 232 / Dikti / Kep / 1996.
Before the formation of PS TP, administratively PS THP were placed under the management of the Department of Agriculture at Faculty of Agriculture University of Mataram until 2005. in 2000 until 2004 PS THP receive Due Like-grants from Dikti that was used for the improvement of laboratory facilities and equipment, literature, improving the quality of faculty, curriculum development and planning new formation of Agricultural Engineering Studies Program (PS TEP). New curriculum had been implemented started from academic year of 2001/2002, therefore the graduates received degree as Bachelor of Agricultural Technology (STP) which determined by Rector Decree No. 9055 / J.18.H. / H.K.01.11 / 2002.
In 2005, Department of Agricultural Technology (JTP) was established with two courses, namely Agricultural Technology Studies Program (PS THP) and Agricultural Engineering Studies Program (PS TEP) by SK Director General of Higher Education No. 27 / Dikti / Kep / 2005. Furthermore, the Director General of Higher Education responded to Letter No. 163 / DIKTI / Kep / 2007 on codification name of the course, then in April 2010, University of Mataram, the name of Agricultural Product Technology Studies Program turned into Department of Food Science and Technology Studies Program (PS ITP).
In 2010 both of two studies program receive accredited from BAN PT, PS ITP accredited “B” which is valid until 2015 (Certificate of Accreditation of BAN PT No.025 / BAN-PT / Ak-XIII / S1 / XI / 2010 dated 12 November 2010). Meanwhile PS TEP in 2011 accredited “B” which is valid until 2016 (Certificate of Accreditation of BAN PT No. 023 / BAN-PT / Ak-XIV / S1 / IX / 2011).
At February 4th 2012, the Faculty was established using the name of Faculty of Food and Agroindustrial Technology (abbreviated as “Fatepa”) based on Rector Decree Number 1569 / UN18 / HK.00.01 / 2012 At and inaugurated by Ministry of Education and Culture Republic of Indonesia Prof.Dr.Ir. Muhammad Nuh, DEA on July 2nd, 2012. Starting the academic year 2012/2013 Faculty of Food Technology and Agro-Industry finally has an independent institution from Faculty of Agriculture, with two main studies programs, namely Food Science and Technology (levels of S-1) and Agricultural Engineering (levels of S-1).
Curriculum at PS ITP has been prepared by considering the development of Science and Food Technology referring to the curriculum recommended by Association of Indonesian Food Technologists (PATPI) and the International Food Technology (IFT) to produce graduates mastering the field of food (Food Technologist), capable and professional in applying Science and Food Technology covering chemistry, biochemistry, food analysis, microbiology, food safety, food design, food applied science, management on selection system, preservation, processing, packaging, distribution and food utilization. In 2015, PS ITP receive accredited from BAN PT, PS ITP accredited “B” which is valid until October 31th 2020 (Certificate of Accreditation of BAN PT No. 1122/SK/BAN-PT/Akred-S/X/2015), meanwhile PS TEP also receive accredited from BAN PT.
Curriculum at PS TEP has been prepared refers to Association of Indonesian Agricultural Engineering (ISAE or PERTETA) and American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineering (ASABE) to produce graduates who are able to master, apply and develop the Fundamental Engineering in Agriculture, Agro-Industry and Bio-System. PS TEP accredited “B” which is valid until July 21th 2021 (Certificate of Accreditation of BAN PT no. 1201/SK/BAN-PT/Akred-S/VII/2016).
Become a Faculty that develop science, technology and qualified human resources, dynamic and innovative based on research in the field of food, agro-industry and biosystem that environmental friendly and internationally competitive to encounter 2025.
- To Implement education oriented on science, professional and entrepreneurship
- To develop research based on food science technology, agro-industry and biosystem
- To be proactive in implement food technology, agro-industry and biosystem in order to develop agricultural industry
Faculty of Food Technology and Agro-industry aimed to produce experts in the field of agricultural technology that:
- Produce experts in the field of agricultural technology that fluent, skilled, independent and responsive to the development of science and technology in order to fullfill the needs of society.
- have spirit of Pancasila and high personal integrity as a bachelor of agricultural technology.
- Able to master knowledge and skills to apply technology and art in accordance with specific expertise in the field of food, agro-industry and biosystem.
- Mastering the scientific basis to be able to think and act as scientists.
- Mastering the basics of science and technology in agriculture to be able to discover, understand, explain and formulate problem solving in the field of expertise.
- Develop and discover science, technology and art in the disciplines of agricultural technology.
- Provide services to the community in the form of dissemination and application of science, technology and art in supporting the development of food, agro-industry and biosystem.