Acceleration of national development requires a search of excellence and strategic potential contained in each region throughout the country. Therefore, the government has developed a Master Plan for the Acceleration and Expansion of Indonesian Economic Development Plan 2011-2025 through a system of economic corridors Indonesia, including West Nusa Tenggara province and has been confirmed as the “Gateway of Tourism and National Food Support.” In order to improve the welfare of society, it is absolutely necessary to generate skilled manpower that master the science and applied technology. The reality shows that the need for a highly qualified workforce with specific expertise tends to increase with the development of economic development in NTB. North Lombok NTB until now has not had a State Universities, so that people have to send their children to the capital of the Province of West Nusa Tenggara, Java, and Sulawesi or even other provinces in Indonesia. This raises the cost of the consequences of spending more. Vocational Education Program North Lombok implemented by virtue of the Directorate General of Higher Education NO. 622 / E.E2 / DK / 2014, dated July 16 2014, on the Implementation Program Outside the Domicile.
To realize a vocational Program of North Lombok as a professional educational institution that produces qualified graduates , skilled and competitive in the field of science and technology based on Iman and Taqwa..
- To build, develop and improve the infrastructure of higher education;
- Provide qualified manpower in education and administration in accordance with the purpose of higher education;
- Forming a conducive academic atmosphere in order to improve the quality of learning and human resources, which encourages learning model, and the growth of entrepreneurship;
- Organize and develop vocational education in a sustainable manner by improving the quality of education and teaching, as well as cooperation with industry, government and private sector, both domestic and abroad;
- Develop work ethics and management information systems-oriented.
The educational system in vocational program in North Lombok regency guided by Semester Credit System arranged in the form of lectures, lab work, field trips, internships, field work, and the final project. Total charge of education programs for 110-120 credits with a proportion of 30% of face-to-face lectures and practice in the laboratory and 70% practice in the field.
Vocational programs in North Lombok regency programmed to prepare graduates associate expert in their field which is characterized by:
- Having the ability to understand and master the sustainability techniques to increase the added value and ensure the quality of products.
- Having the ability to plan, produce and market quality products, safe and competitive in the market.
- Creative in performing simple analysis assisted with the available computing technology.
- Creative to manipulate in order to increase the added value.
- Having the ability to work independently or in groups.
- Having the sensitivity in capturing business opportunities.
Prospects of the Graduates
Graduate vocational program in northern Lombok Regency styled expert associate (A.Md). They are able to engage in a variety of jobs such as government and private istitutions, industrial, trade, state / local enterprises, Professional, Trainer, Operator, Technician and Enterprenuer.
- Lecture rooms and administration office equipped with air conditioning.
- All lecture rooms and laboratories equipped with LCD Projector.
- Basic laboratory equipped with air conditioning.
- Experimental Farm (EXFARM) includes cattle, goats, sheep, buffalo, laying hens, broilers, laying ducks and ducks.
- Laboratory of Food and Local Industry.
- Wet and dry laboratories for Maritime Affairs and Fisheries Program.